bmxboard

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» bmxboard   » Hey Chris from Odyssey   » Grandstand pedals

Author Topic: Grandstand pedals
hellboybikes
rider
Member # 9193

- posted 12-20-2016 11:52 PM      Profile for hellboybikes   Author's Homepage   Email hellboybikes         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just picked up a set. I recall reading an article about the bushing(?) system they use but I can't seem to find anything on the product page or the rest of the Internet. If anyone can find it or give me more info it would be apriciated.
hellboybikes
rider
Member # 9193

- posted 01-25-2017 12:32 PM      Profile for hellboybikes   Author's Homepage   Email hellboybikes         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bump?
gsport george
rider
Member # 4701

- posted 01-26-2017 09:04 AM      Profile for gsport george   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What do you want to know? Its a polymer bushing but unlike most bushing pedals you can still adjust it to remove play if/when it wears. Bushing allows it to be thinner and still have a strong axle.

[Smile]
G.

hellboybikes
rider
Member # 9193

- posted 01-27-2017 04:35 PM      Profile for hellboybikes   Author's Homepage   Email hellboybikes         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This was the info I was looking for. Thanks

Have you had any complaints about those bushings wearing prematurely? Mine worked them selves loose after the first day. I tightened them and haven't really had a chance to ride much since. I had a friend mention his 3 or 4 month old set just continues to work its way loose and are now bottomed out on adjustment. Wasn't sure if he was an odd case, maybe OVER tightening them or if my steering clear of replacing bearings with bushings is well founded.

Lord Seth
rider
Member # 6413

- posted 01-27-2017 06:29 PM      Profile for Lord Seth           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Chiming in to say that mine developed wobble, I tightened them, and now they're back to wobbling and I can't get rid of it. That being said, I rode JCPCs for years beforehand, so pedal wobble feels totally natural at this point.
disinf0rmation
rider
Member # 9355

- posted 03-06-2017 11:27 AM      Profile for disinf0rmation   Author's Homepage   Email disinf0rmation         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All of my grandstands started to wobble after a few weeks. Decent pedal, until the wobble comes in. There's definitely diminishing returns on tightening them back up, that eventually stops working.
BKFBM
rider
Member # 33

- posted 03-06-2017 03:09 PM      Profile for BKFBM   Email BKFBM         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
guys its all installation error you fucking dummies
EarlyNovemberBMX
rider
Member # 7304

- posted 03-10-2017 08:07 PM      Profile for EarlyNovemberBMX   Email EarlyNovemberBMX         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've heard about the wobble from multiple people (some of whom have had multiple pairs), but only in the metal ones. I tightened the fuck out of my plastic pair, and never had an issue
outsiderbmx
rider
Member # 9020

- posted 03-10-2017 08:58 PM      Profile for outsiderbmx   Author's Homepage   Email outsiderbmx         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by BKFBM:
guys its all installation error you fucking dummies

-
hellboybikes
rider
Member # 9193

- posted 03-18-2017 05:31 PM      Profile for hellboybikes   Author's Homepage   Email hellboybikes         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So what I'm hearing is you took [arguably] the best metal pedals in bmx and slimmed them down 3mm by replacing reliable/replaceable bearings with a small hunk of plastic...

All times are CT (US)  
Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | bmxboard