bmxboard

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» bmxboard   » I Ride A Little Bike   » Shoe thread part 43

Author Topic: Shoe thread part 43
DixieBMX
rider
Member # 9939

- posted 02-09-2018 11:03 PM      Profile for DixieBMX   Email DixieBMX         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So what is it now, fellas? What are you riding in these days?

I've been going back and forth between some Kyle Walkers and some Ishod Dunks. The Nikes seem to leave my feet in a better state at the end of the session, but maybe it's in my head.

How about you?

hellboybikes
rider
Member # 9193

- posted 02-10-2018 07:08 AM      Profile for hellboybikes   Author's Homepage   Email hellboybikes         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
After years of vans(mostly half cabs) I finally broke out a NOS pair of Lotek Chase D/Cum Up Colab shoes I got on clearance in like 2011. If I recall I wasn’t too keen on the fit when I got them but I’m thinking it may have been a subconscious thing with all of the Chase Dehart drama going on at that time.

I forgot how protective all those older, super bulky shoes were and it’s nice to have all the extra padding when you put your foot down weird or jam a toe.

#makebmxshoesbulkyagain Or just #makebmxshoesagain

I know outsider is with me...

Beerman
rider
Member # 8533

- posted 02-10-2018 09:04 AM      Profile for Beerman   Author's Homepage   Email Beerman         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Best BMX shoes I ever had were the Etnies Roscoes. Best skate shoes were the Vallelys, followed by Half Cabs. Probably on my tenth or eleventh pair by now.
no_future
rider
Member # 8384

- posted 02-10-2018 05:36 PM      Profile for no_future   Email no_future         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i have 3 pairs of black/gum old skool vans, new in boxes under my bed, because they are my favorite and they discontinued them.

i also have a pair of vans trigs that have lasted at least 3 years, they are made of cordura and seem unkillable.

i havent been able to track any others down and it pisses me off.

Lord Seth
rider
Member # 6413

- posted 02-10-2018 09:00 PM      Profile for Lord Seth           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been riding in the Jameson MTs for the last few years. I destroy the canvas ones in no time, but the suede ones treat me pretty well.
SEX
rider
Member # 9175

- posted 02-14-2018 06:26 AM      Profile for SEX   Email SEX         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wish I fucking stocked up on Lotek Coastals. Probably my favorite shoe of all time.

I'm riding in Vans Old School Pros now. The extra cushion and shit helps. Pretty nice shoes. I tried to like Half Cabs but just can't. They remind me of Orchid Martinez which I loved maybe I should give them another chance.

TEAMSANO
rider
Member # 11155

- posted 02-14-2018 05:08 PM      Profile for TEAMSANO           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i've worn vans sk8-hi riding for pretty much the last 6yrs or so.

i dont really ride street often, pretty much indoor park so sole wise i dont take many impacts, and the ankle support is adequate.

the soles last around a year before the pedals tear the tread up and i deem them no more use for riding, although the uppers are usually still in MINT condition.

bear in mind, i buy a set of shoes for riding and riding only, so dont do much walking around in them, and i have a brake so no wear from using them to stop.

i usually buy a couple sets when i hit the vans outlets in the states, then sell em on ebay when i'm through with them. last few sets sold for more than i paid for em.

EarlyNovemberBMX
rider
Member # 7304

- posted 02-14-2018 09:50 PM      Profile for EarlyNovemberBMX   Email EarlyNovemberBMX         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All the Vans pro series are pretty decent in my experience, but since my ankle has turned to glass, I more or less exclusively use the sk8-hi pros. They’re quite a bit better than the standard sk8-hi shoes, and a fuckload more comfortable

If your ankles are less dogshit than mine, the old skool pros and 112 pros are also pretty fucking good

TXrider
rider
Member # 8044

- posted 02-15-2018 12:46 AM      Profile for TXrider   Author's Homepage   Email TXrider         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Vans Baxters

I have fat Hobbit feet and these have always been comfortable.

#makebmxshoesbulkyagain

Would sell my soul or trade a kidney for a pair of Vallely's, Roscoes, or Throttles.

TXrider
rider
Member # 8044

- posted 02-15-2018 12:47 AM      Profile for TXrider   Author's Homepage   Email TXrider         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Itchy posting finger.

[ 02-15-2018, 12:48 AM: Message edited by: TXrider ]

outsiderbmx
rider
Member # 9020

- posted 02-15-2018 01:28 AM      Profile for outsiderbmx   Author's Homepage   Email outsiderbmx         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.candoability.com.au/images/circular%20saw2.jpg

https://www.instagram.com/p/BdYNObsACOI/

McPiffle
rider
Member # 213

- posted 02-15-2018 03:37 AM      Profile for McPiffle   Author's Homepage   Email McPiffle         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i usually just buy whatever looks good on clearance at the mall/internet.

i saw the new balance numeric in navy/maroon/gum and thought "that's the sickest shoe i've ever seen" and bought the last three pairs on ebay.

they're my official choice for all real estate/tinder date business, and i always get mad compliments.

too flimsy for riding tho.

etnies jamesons were sweet and durable but currently have a pair of circa adrien lopez in my trunk, exclusively for bmx. unfashionably bulky, but the foot protection is real.

might try some midtop something next.

D
rider
Member # 2418

- posted 02-15-2018 11:23 AM      Profile for D           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Right I'm wearing Etnies, the Ryan Sheckler ones. I also have a pair of Old Skool Pros I'll bring out sometimes. It's funny, this is the first time in 30 years I've had 2 pairs of riding shoes at the same time.

My favorites were probably the Rune Glifberg Etnies from the mid 00's. I think they were called The Tip. I'd buy more but they don't seem to exist anywhere anymore.

Kyle I
rider
Member # 9096

- posted 02-15-2018 05:42 PM      Profile for Kyle I   Author's Homepage   Email Kyle I         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by McPiffle:

i saw the new balance numeric in navy/maroon/gum and thought "that's the sickest shoe i've ever seen" and bought the last three pairs on ebay.

You bought three pairs of my Grandma's bathroom on eBay
kineticbmx
rider
Member # 8713

- posted 02-15-2018 06:07 PM      Profile for kineticbmx   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm lucky enough to get Adidas.

So far the favorites are the Suicu ADV, ZX Vulc and the Lucas ADV. Suicu ADV has the best feel, sole and support of anything i've ever had

I battled with foot injuries while in Vans for years and years and i don't know how i endured it. Even in half cab pro's. Since the switch I haven't had more than the odd rolled ankle, and even those aren't as bad anymore. Heel issues are a thing of the past also.

"BMX Shoes" for the most part, are shit and always have been. That won't ever change, even with the 34th reincarnation of the Lotek brand.

poopface
rider
Member # 8780

- posted 02-15-2018 11:11 PM      Profile for poopface           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I buy cheap shit from the internet. I used to always find good deals on DVS's but it seems like they're barely in business anymore. Lately I've been switching between Etnies Marana vulcs and DC Havens(which they sadly no longer make). Vans have always felt like shit to me and I always regret buying them.

One of these days I should probably quit being so cheap and get pair of Adidas or New Balance since most people have good things to say about them.

the lobster messiah
rider
Member # 9113

- posted 02-16-2018 08:44 AM      Profile for the lobster messiah   Email the lobster messiah         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Corey Martinez shredding them is what sold me on a pair of Adidas Samba ADV for riding, and they wound up being the most unfathomably uncomfortable and stuffy shoes I've ever put on my feet. They looked good though.

I always regret buying Vans too. That said, their Surf line is super dope for way comfortable sockless shoes for cruising on the singlespeed in summer.

[ 02-16-2018, 08:45 AM: Message edited by: the lobster messiah ]

empirebmx
rider
Member # 8187

- posted 02-16-2018 08:58 AM      Profile for empirebmx   Author's Homepage   Email empirebmx         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
https://www.emerica.com/us/footwear/reynolds/reynolds-g6-6102000118.html
midwestdwc
rider
Member # 7737

- posted 02-16-2018 10:05 AM      Profile for midwestdwc   Email midwestdwc         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TEAMSANO:
vans sk8-hi

hellboybikes
rider
Member # 9193

- posted 02-17-2018 07:37 AM      Profile for hellboybikes   Author's Homepage   Email hellboybikes         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by empirebmx:

Those look rad! But the only pair of emerica’s I’ve ever had(jynx...?) had the flimsiest sole and killed my feet with metal pedals.

I have a pair of Etnies Marina vulc mid tops that felt amazing but the front of the outsole separated from the sole in about 4 weeks. No amount of shoe goo, crazy glue, liquid nails, two part epoxy or anything else I could try would hold them back together for more than a few weeks.

BUB
rider
Member # 8816

- posted 02-17-2018 10:49 PM      Profile for BUB   Author's Homepage   Email BUB         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
43 is a bad number.
BUB
rider
Member # 8816

- posted 02-17-2018 10:52 PM      Profile for BUB   Author's Homepage   Email BUB         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know what they're called, but I usually pick my Vans suede wingtips. They're like the tuxedo t-shirt of shoes.
TEAMSANO
rider
Member # 11155

- posted 02-18-2018 01:00 PM      Profile for TEAMSANO           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by empirebmx:

when i see brown shoes i just associate it with stepping in dogshit.
empirebmx
rider
Member # 8187

- posted 02-18-2018 06:26 PM      Profile for empirebmx   Author's Homepage   Email empirebmx         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i'm not a huge fan of the brown ones, but would wear. i have the navy and black pairs, and they're dope. not super slim like most skate shoes (and bike shoes now), and the sole grips pedals really well
D
rider
Member # 2418

- posted 02-20-2018 04:07 PM      Profile for D           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
https://img0.etsystatic.com/011/0/6136550/il_fullxfull.440234596_6nrp.jpg
D
rider
Member # 2418

- posted 02-20-2018 04:08 PM      Profile for D           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
https://img0.etsystatic.com/011/0/6136550/il_fullxfull.440234596_6nrp.jpg

All times are CT (US)  
Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | bmxboard