bmxboard

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» bmxboard   » The other stuff   » Winter Olympics

Author Topic: Winter Olympics
DDX
rider
Member # 4083

- posted 02-13-2018 03:21 PM      Profile for DDX   Author's Homepage   Email DDX         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyone watching?

Perhaps its from growing up in a place that never really receives snowfall... but overall I think the sports are pretty lame.

Curling is an activity, not a sport. It's there with cornhole, ladder golf, or shuffleboard. Sure, its not easy, but its not a sport.

The snowboarding course looks badass.

Half pipe kinda bores me, but cool to see two 17 year olds take it home for USA.

The biathlon is a cool concept. Seems like something that my friends would do as a drunken challenge.

poopface
rider
Member # 8780

- posted 02-13-2018 05:04 PM      Profile for poopface           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like watching the winter olympics. There are some corny events like curling, but lets not forget archery is in the summer olympics. It may not take tons of athletic ability in regards to strength, speed, or stamina but you still have to have a high degree of technical ability to do well.

Believe it or not, those athletes get popped for doping too. They take beta blockers to lower their resting heart rate in order to steady their hands for more accurate shots.

The slopestyle course did look pretty awesome. I like luge and bobsled events too. Those dudes have some balls rocketing down that track at 80mph.

typoll69420
rider
Member # 9745

- posted 02-14-2018 11:30 AM      Profile for typoll69420   Email typoll69420         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would watch curling over any track and field summer olympic event, which is basically every summer olympic event.
D
rider
Member # 2418

- posted 02-14-2018 04:09 PM      Profile for D           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm very confused that flatland is considered too boring to be on television, but every four years major networks dedicate several hours of programming to both cross country skiing and curling. Flatland is also it's considered too niche to be on television, but there's ALSO hours of the luge. You don't get much more niche than that. When was the last time you met someone, anyone, who had ever been down a luge run, even once, let alone made a career out of it?

That being said, I've watched all these events this week. [Smile] I like the Olympics.

TEAMSANO
rider
Member # 11155

- posted 02-14-2018 04:42 PM      Profile for TEAMSANO           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i agree on the niche-ness of some of these events in sport in general, dancing horses, ribbon waving gymnastics, luge or even fucking tennis! i don't know anyone who plays tennis!

again, curling seems quite interesting to me, way more so than any track events or sports involving a ball.

EarlyNovemberBMX
rider
Member # 7304

- posted 02-14-2018 09:56 PM      Profile for EarlyNovemberBMX   Email EarlyNovemberBMX         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Curling seems like fun, and is attainable.

Luge, skeleton, etc are fucking gnarly.

I can’t really say why, but the Olympics (winter or summer) are perfect for leaving on and watching with your friends. Maybe it’s the variety or something but either way, I like em

Kyle I
rider
Member # 9096

- posted 02-15-2018 08:14 PM      Profile for Kyle I   Author's Homepage   Email Kyle I         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's a curling center about 2.5 miles away from me. Apparently they've got a small bar in there. Might have to go check it out sometime soon
fiend540
rider
Member # 6294

- posted 02-16-2018 05:11 PM      Profile for fiend540   Email fiend540         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Im sick of fucking figure skating, sooooo boring to watch and the commentators are fucking awful.
poopface
rider
Member # 8780

- posted 02-16-2018 05:53 PM      Profile for poopface           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by fiend540:
Im sick of fucking figure skating, sooooo boring to watch and the commentators are fucking awful.

Twinks and rich girls.

I dig the speed skating though. Especially the short track.

bmxbanditfullofhate
rider
Member # 2054

- posted 02-16-2018 08:33 PM      Profile for bmxbanditfullofhate   Email bmxbanditfullofhate         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I curl once a week. It's a great activity, and the rink has the cheapest beer in town. Our team is the youngest by a mile.
Bmxer 2025
rider
Member # 1724

- posted 02-16-2018 09:28 PM      Profile for Bmxer 2025   Email Bmxer 2025         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cross country skiers have some of the highest VO2 maxs out of all athletes. Figure skating is garbage and it's on primetime every fucking night.

The winter olympics should just be the regular olympics but held during the wintertime, in a warm climate.

All times are CT (US)  
Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | bmxboard